Monday, January 5, 2009

The Day the Magic Bullet Died…

We Andersons like to think of ourselves as somewhat connoisseurs of infomercial items. I remember Scott and I glued to paid programming one Sunday morning after church during our 1st year of marriage when the commercial for the “Ultimate Party Machine” began… “make smoothies, margaritas, dips, snacks, even complete meals in 10 seconds or less!” I had to have one…and I got one for Christmas in 2004. Yes, it’s basically a miniature food processor, but during the last four years, I’ve used it to make smoothies, omelets, peppermint mochas, corn chowder, mudslides (and other mixed drinks), guacamole, chicken salad, and many other yummy treats. It had a resurgence in the last couple of months, because it was perfect for making homemade baby food! Sadly, today while pureeing a batch of sweet potatoes for Keaton’s dinner, it finally kicked the bucket.
I guess its back to jarred baby food and no margaritas for us for awhile! ☹

No comments: