Thursday, December 27, 2012

DPP: Day 27

Christmas is over and we are all a little out of sorts here now. Daddy is back to work today, and we're definitely in need of more structure and less sugar. This morning, Keaton told me that I was the only mom in Hawaii that did not allow her kids to eat cookies for breakfast. Wow, I had no idea! I might just have to rethink...wait a minute. Oh, yeah, he just THINKS he knows everything.
Seriously though. Four years old is tough. Especially when you're strong-willed and way too big for your britches like this one is. I may not remember the first time he told me he loved me, but I know I'll never forget today... the first time he told me he hated me. I know he didn't mean it. I could tell in his eyes he regretted it the second it was out, but ouch, man, that hurt.

1 comment:

Meg said...

ouch. that stings. i remember the first time my brother (the strong willed one) said that.