Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Oklahoma in pictures

I'm about 4 weeks and a bazillion pictures behind. So sorry to all 5 of my faithful readers. :-) We had such an amazing trip home to Oklahoma! After the long road trip out East, I didn't have it in me to do much else but just stay home and hang out at the homestead with my family.  Thankfully, this is one of my most favorite things to do. Here's a summary of our time in Oklahoma with some of my favorite photos.

Here's Papa with (almost) all of his grand kids on Fathers Day.
AJ (13), Mark (21mos), Mia (8), Keaton (4), and Jacob (18). You can techinically see Adrian's (22mos) feet if you look closely. He refused to pose for the shot. We were also missing Easton (13mos).

I don't mean to go all PW on you, but Oklahoma really is such a beautiful place,
especially in the the summer in the country. 
"There's a bright golden haze on the meadow..." THIS is what Hammerstein was talking about.
I really enjoyed my morning runs with the dogs. :-)
Look at my mom's beautiful garden!
Look at the beautiful salads we enjoyed from my mom's garden!
 For me, the most beautiful thing about Oklahoma are the people that live there. 
Papa Monster!
Swimming with big cousin AJ!
This boy is precious and he sure loves is "Dada!" We really had fun getting to know him. Adrian and Mark were buddies by the end of the trip.
Of course, there was some heartache...
Thunder lost to The Heat in the NBA finals...boo
 And pain...
Keaton's first encounter with poison ivy... ouch!
But, mostly we had a great time just letting loose...
I couldn't resist. Sorry.
Exploring...

Trying out some new recipes...

Being creative...

And spending time with people we love...

We miss you guys so much already!

2 comments:

Melissa Batusic said...

Adorable. You take amazing pictures ash.

Katie Henry said...

I agree! Beautiful pics!
Am i one of your five readers:)