Saturday, November 26, 2011

Destination Thanksgiving Day

We had a very laid back Thanksgiving Day. 

We started out with watching the sun rise over the ocean.
I wish we could say we got up extra early for this, 
but unfortunately its quite normal for my boys to rise before the sun.

Both Mary and I swallowed some pride this year by ordering our turkey and sides already prepared from the grocery store. We did add in our own pumpkin pies and sweet potatoes, but everything else just heat and serve. Not exactly the way my mama taught me, but when your'e on vacation, you gotta improvise. 

We were pleasantly surprised with the quality of our meal! 
Standard Keaton. He ate a few bites of turkey and about a pound of cranberry sauce.

After our lunch, we took a drive to see some waterfalls.
Opaeka'a Falls (look closely)
Wailua Falls
Afterwards, we drove to Lydgate Park, which had a super fun playground for the boys. 


We finished off our Turkey Day with some beach time 
 and a beautiful sunset.
oh, and of course -  leftovers! 

1 comment:

livinginthemidwest said...

Those pictures remind me of our trip to Kauai...minus the Thanksgiving dinner. Looks like tons of fun!