Tuesday, November 6, 2012

30 days of thanks: Day 5


This morning, Keaton said something to me that really bothered me at first. See, I've gotten in the habit of taking the boys with me to the gym in the afternoons. They have this really fun kids club at my gym, and the boys love it there. They're always begging me to go, which is a total win/win, because its just more motivation for me to get out the door and exercise! Anyway, this afternoon, Keaton says to me, "Mom, the reason I love going to the gym is because I don't have to learn about God there." 

GULP. 
I told him that this hurt my heart that he didn't want to learn about God all the time. 
That God was the most important thing that he can learn about. 
That maybe we just won't go to the gym anymore if this is the main reason he wants to go.  

Then I realized: he learns about God at church on Sundays, MOPS and Cubbies on Wednesdays, BSF on Thursdays, and Keaton Academy every other day. No wonder he enjoys going to the gym in the afternoons where he can just PLAY for a change! Needless to say, today I'm thankful that we live in a free country where I'm free to teach my boys about God as many days of the week that I want! And I'm so thankful for all the wonderful programs available to support me in doing this.

1 comment:

Grandma said...

First of all, I LOVE THIS PICTURE! I'm thankful as his Grandma that he is being saturated by God's word! Also, that he is HONEST, as children are! Everybody needs a little time to just play and be ourselves, even us Grandma's. Papa agrees too! So be proud, Mama!
Thanks to Keaton & Mark's parents who love the Lord. We are BLESSED!