Thursday, November 22, 2012

30 days of thanks: Day 21


Today I'm thankful for one specific individual who went out of her way to encourage me today. As much as I love being a full time mom, I often miss the sense of accomplishment and external gratification that I received when I worked outside the home. I know what I'm doing is valuable for my kids and God's kingdom, but its not always easy to keep that in perspective. So thankful for a stranger's kind words that made me remember once again that my job is the most important job in the world.

1 comment:

Grandma said...

I have to share what your husband said to me when he was in high school. It was raining & I was late picking him up, he rain out in the rain and got wet. I said Scott, why did you just run out? He said to me "Mom, you are always there!" That still encourages me to this day knowing I did the right thing of being a full-time Mom to three! He probably won't remember saying that but it meant the world to me!