Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Cars 2

We got tickets for 10:15 am showing on Saturday for the much anticipated sequel to Keaton's favorite movie. Keaton was super excited to see the movie with his buddy, Lucas, another Cars enthusiast. Both boys thoroughly enjoyed it. 
I was just happy that both of them made it through the entire movie (over 2 hours with previews). Popcorn and nachos helped. 


Cars 2 was almost exactly what I expected. Not as good as the first, but still very entertaining. It was action-packed from start to finish. The spy/espionage plot was a little difficult to follow (especially for 3 year olds). But, all of the new characters were very likable, and there were enough grown-up jokes and funny Mater antics to keep the adults interested. The movie kept the same "friendship" theme that the original had, which I love. 

Keaton's favorite part: "when Mater races Lightning"


The little man even had his first babysitter on Saturday, so that Scott and I could both be there to experience Cars 2 with Keaton! He did great, which was a huge surprise and relief to me. (He does not have the best track record with Mama leaving). 


1 comment:

brumbra said...

I think Mark is getting cuter everytime I see a new picture, such a big boy. I'll be on the hunt for a Cars Two coloring book!!