Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Best Buddies

Okay, one more flashback post and then I'm done with the catchup blogging, promise. 

First of all, I must mention that I am so incredibly blessed to have had the same best friend since kindergarten. Wait, I take that back - first grade (we did not like each other much in kindergarten). I know how rare it is to have a friendship that spans an entire lifetime. We've had obstacles through the years that have threatened our friendship (not the least of which rooming together for 4 years of college), but I'm proud to say she is still my BFF. Of course, its hard to see each other - with Meg in TX, me in HI - but we manage to get together a couple of times a year somehow. 

She has two boys of her own. William is 5 and Hudson is 3.

During our whirlwind Christmas mainland tour, Mom and I squeezed in a trip down to Ft. Worth to visit Meg and her family. What's another 10 hours in car with a two-year old and an infant, right? It's always worth it. We had a great time talking, baking, drinking coffee, eating Chick-fil-a, watching movies after the boys went to sleep, and watching our boys play (and fight like brothers). 

Keaton and Hudson (4 months apart)

Destined to be buddies. To Infinity and Beyond.

Riding a mechanical horse at the Ft Worth Science Museum. Hudson is clearly a very serious driver.

I'm pretty sure we asked them to yell "poop!" which explains the beautiful grins on all three boys faces.

William and Mark chilling together on the couch - must be a good show. This picture cracks me up for some reason.

If you are interested, Meg wrote a whole blog several weeks ago about the history of our friendship here complete with plenty of embarrassing pictures of me. She's the best!


And here's one of my favorite funny pics of you.
Just cause I love ya.


No comments: