1) There are no snakes here and it is illegal to bring snakes into the state, even as pets!
2) It's true! It is normal to eat SPAM here. Check out this pic from the McDonald's breakfast menu.
3) Caucasian people (or non-natives) are called Haoles ("howleys"). It's a derogatory/funny term, and is not uncommon to be called this to your face here.
4) There are no private beaches in Hawaii. In 2006, the Hawaii Supreme Court ruled that all beaches belong to the people. So even where mansions and beautiful beach homes line the coast, we can park ourselves on any piece of sand we like the best and no one can tell us to leave.
5) Hawaii prides itself on having the most deliciously filtered tap water in the USA.
6) It is illegal to talk on your cell phone while driving - this is hard to get used to!
7) Cost of living here is ridiculous! Examples of some prices we are dealing with here:
Milk - $4.50/gal
Bread - $3.50/loaf
Gas - $3.40/gal
8) Hawaii is the undisputed drowning capital of the world. This is mainly due to tourists' disrespect of the power of rip currents and strength of the surf while swimming and snorkeling.