Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Happy New Year!

Wow, did it sneak up on anyone else that this is not only a new year, but the start of a new decade? I think about all that has happened to me in the last 10 years. I met my future husband, graduated college, got married, had my first job, rented our first apartment, moved to Nashville, bought our first house, had our first child...whew!

Think about how different our country is! Remember 10 years ago when it was a luxury to own a cell phone? Now its perfectly normal (and expected) for 8 yr olds to have their own. Remember what is was like to have your family pick you up at the airport gate? Now we must go through a full body scan to pass through security even when you hold a ticket!

I have no profound thoughts as we enter the 20teens other than God is good, God is in control, and He promises good for those who love Him. Who knows what amazing things we have in store for the next 10 years?

here's a funny pic from New Years Eve. My parents, brother and sister came to Nashville to bring in the new year with us.

Happy 2010!

1 comment:

Mary Anderson said...

Wow, what a change in the last ten years. We celebrated the year 2000 with Jenny & Matt. Scott & Andrew celebrated with us on our first New Years that was COLD. It was always warm in Miami! Cute picture but the boy was missing. I guess he was fast asleep!