Friday, February 20, 2015

Valentines Day

In the weeks leading up to Valentines Day, I had an idea to throw a kids only Valentines party at our house. This would allow my kids a chance to hang out with some of their friends, and would ALSO give the parents a kids free date night for V day. Thankfully, my servant-hearted hubby was on board with my idea too. I sent out the invitations and 10 kiddos RSVP'd!
The boys and I had a blast setting the table and putting out the decorations
Keaton made a name tag for each of our guests (and Mark added a sticker to each)
Of course, Little Miss had to get all dressed up for the party! Here she is with her Daddy Valentine.

Her brothers are kinda crazy about her too...


The party started at 4:00 and the boys were literally waiting for the doorbell to ring at 11:30!
Finally our friends arrived! Here's the boys table.
On the menu: hotdogs, mac&cheese, fruit, and lemonade!

The girls were outnumbered!
After dinner, we had a cookie decorating contest!



Here is the 1st, 2nd and 3rd prize cookies
Some of the other activities included Musical Hearts, Valentines Bingo, and a special Valentines day Chipmunks movie. We were so busy that I didn't remember to take any more pictures!  We partied until nearly 9:00.  It was a wild night, but so much fun for everyone. Maybe a new fun Valentines tradition?

2 comments:

Grandma said...

How special you made Valentines for some very special kids! I think you might have started a tradition!

livinginthemidwest said...

How fun to see all of those Hawaii friends...they're so grown up!