Monday, September 1, 2014

Angela's Wedding & Girls Trip 2014

I left Hawaii and flew into Oklahoma just in time for me to drop off the boys with my parents, and  high-tail it to Canada for Angela's wedding! I'm so glad that it worked out that we could celebrate our 11th annual girls trip watching Ange marry her dream guy, Charles Ibsen. Their love story is so unique and so clearly orchestrated by God. I'm so excited to see what He has in store for them!
They were married in the backyard of one of Ange's good friends in Greenley, Ontario (right outside Ottowa). Beautiful backdrop, and such a lovely day for a wedding!

Finally her turn! God is so good!
Ange's recessional song was "Happy" by Pharrell Williams, and of course, she danced down the aisle. The whole wedding and reception was so "Ange" from start to finish, complete with uncomfortable party games at the reception. :-)
Next year: our first ever couples trip?
First in line for refreshments. You will notice this trend...
We spent a day or two exploring beautiful Ottowa, the capital of Canada. Here's us in front of Parliament. (I think?)
High Tea at Château Laurier
It wouldn't be girls trip without pedicures!
One of many coffee stops

We spent the 4th of July watching fireworks on TV, eating Indian take-out in CANADA. Very surreal!
After Ottowa, we took a road trip to Mont Tremblant, a beautiful ski town in Montreal.
Feasting on "Beaver Tails" (AKA Canadian version of a doughnut) before our day of hiking
We took a ski lift to the top of the mountain.
We found some beautiful hiking trails overlooking the town.
The weather was perfect!

 After Mont Tremblant, we drove in to Montreal. It was such a fun city, and so FRENCH! It really felt like we were in Europe.
22 and 21 weeks (respectively), me with #3, Meg with #4. Not sure if she is having a boy or girl yet, but either way, they are destined to be BFFs. So fun to get to share another pregnancy with Meg!
Unfortunately, it rained for most of our time in Montreal, so we spent the majority of our time there inside eating and making each other laugh (which is what we do best anyway).
Dumplings in Chinatown. We liked them so much, we actually ate dinner here both nights!
Genuine French Crepes - yum!
We were able to snap a few shots of old town Montreal in between rain showers...


Lunch at Swartz Deli
 Over all, we laughed enough (and ate enough) to last us until next summer. I know I say this every year, but I'm so blessed to have these girls in my life. I think every summer gets more special because we know how rare it is that we have each other and this fun tradition. I hope and pray that there are many more girls trips to come!

1 comment:

livinginthemidwest said...

I'm always amazed every year when I see the places you all get to go...not only get to see each other but travel the world. What a cool thing!