Sunday, August 5, 2012

a little milestone


Last night, while Scott and I were watching the Olympics, Keaton comes in and says, "Look what I did!" I couldn't believe it! He wrote his name! I know, this might not seem like a big deal. A lot of 4 year olds that can write their name. But, Keaton has really been behind the curve in the fine motor department, and since he does not go to preschool, he's just never really been challenged in this area. I've been working with him in the mornings on some fine motor exercises. We had only THIS WEEK begun practicing tracing the letter "K." Literally one month ago he was still fisting his crayons! Obviously, we've still got some practicing to do, but I'm so proud that he decided to try writing his whole name all by himself with no prompting from me. Such a big boy, my KRay!

2 comments:

Grandma said...

His Grammy is SO PROUD! Good job, Keaton Ray!

Melissa Batusic said...

Way to go Keaton!! Andrew is a ilttle challenged in this area too :)