Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Christmas Day

This was our first Christmas morning in 8 years of marriage to wake up in our own bed. 

Here's how it went down: 

5:30am - still dark inside and out. Scott and I are awoken to the sound of wrapping paper ripping. 

"Keaton! Wait!!" 


Keaton had stumbled out of his room and found the gifts under the tree and without waking anyone up, without turning on one single light, without even knowing which gifts were his, he decided to get this show on the road. Thankfully, we stopped him in time, and were able to hold him off until Brumbra and Papa and brother were up and could join in the fun. 



All presents were opened and accounted for before sun-up. Santa came through - big time. Among the favorite gifts: Cranky the Crane, Cars 2 (of course), and sock monkey that dances and plays "Dynamite" by Taio Cruz. 

We headed off to church in our matching sweaters after enjoying Paula Dean's delicious French Toast Casserole (maybe a new tradition?). 
Yeah. I can't stop looking at this picture. I love these boys so much.
I agree with my friend Erin - I wish every Christmas morning fell on Sunday. Joining together in fellowship with our church family, singing Christmas carols, and hearing God's word preached, really helped me to stop and refocus my attention on what Christmas is all about. 

Later that afternoon, we enjoyed a delicious Christmas dinner of ham, sweet potatoes, green beans, homemade rolls, cranberry sauce, and pumpkin pie. 


We spent the rest of the day relaxing and recovering from our meal. Later that evening, we took a drive down to Hickam AFB to see the Freedom Tower all lit up and pretty. 
Oooooooo Aaaaaahhhhhh!


What a blessed day! I'm so thankful to my parents for coming all the way to Hawaii to spend Christmas with us! 
Such a memorable time. 

Happy Birthday Jesus! 

No comments: