Monday, January 24, 2011

Christmas in Oklahoma

Backup 1 month...
We left the east coast on Christmas Eve and flew to Oklahoma to visit the Archambo side of the family. By the time we arrived, I had 2 sick babies on my hand. Keaton was recovering from Croup, but was still running intermittent fevers. Mark had developed a nasty cough. I wanted to get them both into a doctor ASAP just in case they got worse over the holiday. We went straight from the airport to the ER after hours clinic (all other doctors offices were closed), and spent 5 hours there. The doctor confirmed that Keaton was on the mend, but was worried about Mark. They x-rayed his chest, tested him for RSV and other infections. He tested negative for everything, so she sent us home with instructions to keep him elevated while he sleeps and a prescription for a nebulizer - breathing treatments twice a day. We made it home just in time to spend a fun Christmas Eve opening gifts with all the siblings.

Jewels, Jason, Jacob, and Baby Adrian (5 months)

Mia with her new necklace from Hawaii!

Christmas Day was very low-key - maybe the most laid back Christmas that I remember in that house in 15 years. My parents are practically empty nesters, and all of my other siblings were spending Christmas Day with their "significant others." Even my Grandmother spent Christmas in Indiana with my Aunt and Uncle. Uncle Dale and his friend came over for lunch, but other than that, it was just me, Scott, Keaton, Mark, and Brumbra and Papa. No complaints here. We needed an easy going holiday to rest and focus on getting my boys well again.

Amazingly, Santa found us in Oklahoma, and he did not disappoint.

Tidmouth Sheds

His cardboard castle! Unfortunately, we had to leave this OK because it's literally almost as big as his room in Hawaii. We got 3 solid weeks of play out of it, though.

New calendars for B & P

My mom's Christmas dinner table. I love my mom and her funny dish fetish. It doesn't matter if it's 4 guests or 40, the table will always look perfect!

Brumbra and my little sicky boy!

Here's the odd thing. Usually, by the time Christmas comes and goes, I'm READY for it to be over. The Christmas music is played out, I'm sick from all the cookies I've eaten, and completely broke from buying gifts. I guess with all the traveling and sickness this year, I was actually really sad and disappointed to see Christmas go - almost like I missed it somehow? Strange.

Oh well, only 335 days left!

1 comment:

livinginparadise said...

I hear ya on the not wanting to see Christmas go this year. Our house is usually undecorated and packed away by Jan. 1st but this year the tree stayed up until mid-Jan and I was still not wanting to take it down.

Glad everyone is healthy and back to normal now...and that you all are back!