Friday, May 21, 2010

Girls Trip Highlights!

Well, girls trip is over for another year! I have to say this trip has made my "favorites" list, and I don't think it's just because it was the first one I got to host! Since I'm so new to Hawaii, I still feel like at tourist in many ways, so it was great to have a reason to spend the week exploring Oahu, trying out new restaurants, and just enjoying Hawaii! I think the further we are removed from college, the more we have grown to appreciate these trips and the short time we can spend together apart from the daily grind of family life. Scott really came through for me, and watched Keaton every waking second that he was not at work, so that I could pretend I was on vacation as well. Also, my friend Karen watched Keaton for me a couple of days while Scott was at work...thank you Karen!!

I'm going to try to condense a week's worth of fun into one blog entry, so here goes... For more pictures and details of our adventures, visit Mel's and Meg's respective blogs.

Wednesday - Meg and Mel arrive! They were greeted with a fresh flower lei, of course! I went ahead and greeted myself with one too... no chance I was going to be left out of this picture! ha ha














Day 1: Snorkeling at Hanauma Bay, Beaching at Lanikai, dinner at South Shore Grill - one of my new favorite restaurants!


























Day 2: Dole Pineapple Plantation (pineapple ice cream - yummy!), Paradise Cove Luau!















































Day 3: Swap Meet, drive to the North shore, shopping and shaved ice in Haliewa, dinner at the Shrimp Trucks





































Day 4: Church, pool time, dinner at Duke's Canoe Club, shopping in Waikiki
























Day 5: Meg and Mel visited Pearl Harbor while Keaton and I stayed home and sulked (war memorials and two year olds do not mix!) After Pearl Harbor, the girls came home for some pool time and lunch, and then they did some hiking while Keaton napped and I continued sulking ;-)
That night, we grabbed some sushi and went to see Date Night!













Day 6: I drove the girls to the foot of a mountain at 5:15am (tell me I'm not the best friend EVER!) to do the Stairway to Heaven hike! Although, I'm incredibly sad I did not get to join in this fun (this hike is way to crazy steep for preggers), I'm so glad Mel and Meg were able to do this before they left. It is definitely worth visiting their blogs to read about their adventures dodging the security guard, and climbing over 3,000 metal stairs for the best view on the island. I can't wait to do this hike with Scott one day! Here's some shots they got from the top - wow!!









































After they got home from the hike, we got to spend a couple of more hours at the beach before they had to come home and pack up to fly home! Whew! What a great week we had! It was really hard to see them go.

Now I guess it's back to just me and the boys kickin' it in paradise... ho, hum. ;-)

2 comments:

Mary Anderson said...

WOW!

Melissa Batusic said...

You did such a great job condensing! I just couldn't do it. I had to go all out and give each day a post! I love you and miss you guys!