Thursday, December 17, 2009

Our trip to the North Pole (Bass Pro Shops)

I had a feeling this was going to happen. All day, I kept asking Keaton, "Do you want to go see Santa this afternoon?" He repeatedly told me, "No!" But he says that alot, so I hoped that maybe once we got there, Santa could win him over with a candy cane and some "Ho ho hos!" No such luck. We arrived a little early to avoid the line, so Santa was walking around the store talking to kids and playing with toys. As soon as Keaton spotted him, he immediately climbed up my leg and started putting his head on my shoulder. The funny thing is that Keaton is in LOVE with Frosty the Snowman. I think if he was given a chance to sit on Frosty's lap, he would have grinned from ear to ear. Anyone know of a mall where you have this option? Anyway, When it came time for him to sit on Santa's lap, you can imagine how well that went over. Actually, you don't have to imagine. Here's the pic:














The reason we went all the way to Bass Pro Shops to visit Santa is that it is the ONLY place in Nashville where they give you a free picture! I was also really impressed with this Santa. He was a very good sport, and he did not smell like "beef and cheese" (for you Elf fans).

After Keaton recovered, we wandered around a little in the store. He loved looking at the big fish they have in the aquarium inside BPS. Look at this huge "FITH"!

2 comments:

Mary Anderson said...

That picture is a "classic!" Grammie is taping Frosty The Snowman and Frosty Returns for Keaton. It comes on tonight.

Brumbra said...

Poor Keaton I don't blame him. I wouldn't want some old bearded guy hanging onto me.Brumbra