Tuesday, December 23, 2014

DPP#23: Jesse Tree

Our Jesse Tree is almost full! This is one of my favorite Christmas traditions that we have started with our family. It was introduced to me  by a friend in Nashville when Keaton was a baby. In fact, I started a whole set of adorable felt Jesse Tree ornaments, which I never finished. When Keaton was 2, I finally downloaded these printables online. We colored them together and laminated them to create ornaments. Each day in December leading to Christmas has an ornament. Each ornament represents a story or passage from the Bible that points to or reminds us of the birth of Jesus. Most of the stories are also found in our favorite Jesus Storybook Bible, which is awesome because it does a really great job of explaining the correlation of Old Testament stories to the promise of Christ. The boys love finding the ornament of  the day and hanging it on our "tree" after we read our story every morning. I love that it is such a simple way of reminding the boys of the reason we celebrate Christmas!

No comments: