Friday, October 4, 2013

Responsibility

At Keaton's elementary school, they have established the 5 "R" project to help promote  character development and positive learning environments. There are 5 "Rs" that each student is encouraged to strive towards.
 
Every quarter, 5 students from each class are chosen that best exhibit the "R" that they are focusing on that quarter. We were so proud that Keaton was chosen to receive the character award for "Responsibility" for his class.

RESPONSIBILITY (KULEANA) means to take ownership of your actions, obligations, and commitments.

I can show the value of responsibility (kuleana) by taking ownership of my own and my group’s behavior, keeping my word, being on time, being truthful, returning items on time and to the proper place, keeping the area clean and organized, following all rules and procedures, reporting safety concerns, and practicing safety.

We were so excited to attend the awards ceremony and watch Keaton receive his certificate. Thanks to the government shutdown, Daddy could also be there to cheer him on!


 So thankful for my friend Shannon who clued me in (10 minutes before the ceremony) that the Hawaiian tradition was to give your child a candy lei when they receive an award at school! Thankfully, she ran to Longs for me and picked one up so Keaton wasn't left out. ha!
So proud of this boy!

1 comment:

Melissa Batusic said...

Congratulations big boy! I would be so proud of him too!!