Thursday, February 7, 2013

for goodness' snakes...

Week one of sick boys? I can handle some extra snuggles and octopus hot dogs.

Week two? boo! We are restless, grumpy, and getting on each others nerves - big time! 

 When all else fails, time to break out the craft supplies.

Keaton and I have been patiently saving up our toilet paper rolls for weeks after seeing this activity in Family Fun magazine.
get a subscription to Family Fun if you don't already have one! They have the best activities and ideas!
So Keaton planned his color scheme...
And painted each roll oh so carefully...
Looking good...
After they dried, we assembled them with pipe cleaners (don't worry, I let Mark help with this part, Mom) , attached some googly eyes and a paper tongue, and...

Voila!
15 straight minutes of pure entertainment!

Here's my favorite part: I expected the snake to slither around hissing and biting people's ankles. 
But, you wanna know the first thing the snake said? 

"Hey you! Eat this fruit..."
Can you tell we are studying Genesis at BSF?

2 comments:

Melissa Batusic said...

Haha! Such a cute craft!

Molly said...

I literally laughed out loud at the snake's first words. That's when you know the Bible stories are sticking! I loved it so much I told my parents (who love all things children) and they also laughed so hard they had to catch their breath. What a joy!