Saturday, March 31, 2012

Date Morning at Lanikai pillboxes

On my mom and Mia' s last morning here, Scott and I took advantage of the free babysitting, and decided to hike up to the Lanikai pillboxes at sunrise, something we had wanted to do for a while. We slightly overestimated how early we needed to go (and how fast the sun rises), and hiked the steep hike to the top in the woods in the pitch black dark. It was a little freaky - I felt like we were at the beginning of a Hawaii Five-O episode, and we were certain to find a dead body along the trail. 

(Picture me screaming and falling off the steep ridge - then cut to the theme music). 

We made finally made it to the top (beating other hikers by a good half hour). We hunkered down and waited for the sun to slowly appear over the horizon. It was beautiful, as I knew it would be. In my opinion, Lanikai is one the most beautiful places on this whole island. Seeing it from this vantage point at sunrise was even more amazing! 



1 comment:

Meg said...

color me jealous. VERY JEALOUS.