Friday, March 27, 2009

My Plant Family

When my mom came a couple of weeks ago, she helped me install this great plant shelf. I love it - I think it adds so much life to my kitchen! I have named each of my plants. I figure that if I give them each names and "adopt" them as new members of our family, I am less likely to neglect to water them. So, I would like to introduce the newest members of the Anderson household:

Verna (the African Violet): Mom brought her from Oklahoma. She is so dainty and beautiful! Apparently, she can be a little high-maintenance, but I love her anyway.












Charlotte and Peter Parker are brother and sister. I read that Spider plants are very easy to grow and propagate. According to the website I read, "If you take proper care of your plants, you will soon have a house full of spider plants. Spider plants reproduce like bunnies when they are given the right conditions to grow in..." Yikes! Ever seen the movie Arachnophobia?












Lucky is my Shamrock plant. He came from Publix. I just potted him the other day. We have not really bonded yet, but I'm sure we will.












Merrily is my friendly Philodendron. I've actually had her for over a year now. She is named for her pot that I made in high school art class with one of my favorite teachers, Merrily Gamwell.












We are one big happy family!

2 comments:

Mary Anderson said...

Very Pretty! Can't wait to meet them!

Carolyn said...

What a great idea! I've been thinking that as much as I love cooking with fresh herbs, I really need to start an herb garden. Maybe this will be my inspiration... :)